Friday, March 30, 2012

On the Plane

Finally heading to Sweden!!! I'm so psyched! Our plane was little late leaving but that's okay! I'm gonna miss my puppy, Leah do much. My parents will probably be thrilled that I'm gone, but then again maybe not.

Once we got to the airport, we took a group picture and got all of our information needed. Then we went through check-in and waited about 45 minutes until we boarded the plane. As we bean to take off, I could feel the plane accelerating and feel the excitement rise from within me. There is always the fear that the plane will crash, but I know God is protecting me. As the plane took off its first few feet into the air, everything below me became smaller and smaller. It's as if the world became a dollhouse with miniature moving cars and tiny house where the dolls live and could be played with. I felt as if I could just pick up the objects and do what I pleased with them. The landscape wasn't just a landscape anymore, it was a majestic piece of art crafted by the finest hands. The trees weren't just trees they were lines that defined boundaries and outlined a picture. Rivers created shapes with everything curve. The grass filled in all the empty spaces. The people made everything come to life. I felt like a giant peering into the lives of others. Up above everything was different. Everything was from a different perspective. Nothing was as it was anymore. It wasn't just some geographical place you could find on a map. It was MORE. It is the things we take for granted. Above we can analyze all we have forgotten. The beauty of the world, the life we live, how precious it all is, and how vastly small we are compared to the universe that holds our planet only with gravity, and if we were to move out of outlinemeant we could either freeze, or burn up (depending on if it was towards the sun or away). Being in the sky makes my mind turn with thought I wouldn't have thought below. I like it though. I like how I feel when I am in the air and picturing the wondrous place I live in.

Though I will be landing soon, I will board again to have a direct flight to Sweden! I know my week will e quite interesting. Keep safe everyone and think to yourself how lucky you are to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment